Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2024- The Indira Gandhi Scholarship is an important award that has been given to students all over the world. It was first presented in 1982, and since then, it has been awarded to students who have shown exceptional talent and potential in various fields. This year, the Indira Gandhi Scholarship is going to be awarded to a select group of students, and we want to make sure that you know about it! Here are the details you need to know in order to apply.
Indira Gandhi’s single girl child scholarship is an UG scholarship scheme that will help the girl child of our country to move ahead with their objective of getting a great education. If you want to know more about the scholarship program then we have shared each and every detail regarding the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2024 in the article given below. Make sure to read the article to know more about the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship scheme mentioned by the organization in order to help the girl child in continuing their education. We have shared the eligibility criteria and also the step-by-step application process.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2024
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2024 will be open for applications from Indian citizens who have an outstanding academic record and who intend to pursue a full-time course at a graduate or Postgraduate level in any field of study. Selection of the successful candidates will be based on merit, and the scholarship recipient will be required to repatriate to India within one year of being granted the scholarship.
It is very important in India to support the girl child because of how backward they are due to poverty and also because of the discrimination that they face from their guardian or the society. Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Reward is provided by the Government which will help around 3,000 girls from across the country each and each year. The girls will be able to get 3,100 Rupees per month for a total time period of 2 years. This amount will be provided so that they are able to continue their education.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2024 Details
|Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2024
|Government of India
|Rupees 3,100 per month
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Award
- The single-girl child scholarship provides monetary support on a monthly basis for a period of 2 years to 3,000 girls from across the country each year.
- The Reward amount is directly transferrer into the awardee’s bank account.
- Also, the applicants need to submit a ‘Continuation Certificate’ at the end of every three months in the prescrib format.
- The selected girl applicants receive a scholarship amount of INR 3100 per month for a period of 2 years, i.e., 10 months per year, which covers the full duration of the PG course to be pursue by the candidates.
- The award is disburse to applicant through the UGC-designate agency from the date of their joining the 1st year of the PG course. The rewards need to submit a copy of their award letter and joining report along with the photograph, address, and contact number to the designated agency.
Eligibility Criteria of Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The student must follow the following eligibility criteria to apply for the scholarship:-
- Students must be admitted into the regular, full-time 1st-year master’s degree course in any designated university or postgraduate college.
- The girl aspirant must be the only child of her parents. The candidates must not have any brothers, though the girl applicants who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may apply for this UGC scholarship.
- Aspirants must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission into the PG program.
- The aspirants admitted to the PG course through distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Also, there are no income criteria for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be required to have an Income Certificate and a Caste Certificate.
- Proof of admission is required.
- Must be required bank account details of the institution and the applicant.
- The fee structure of the program is require.
- One copy of passport size photograph and signature of the applicant.
- Applicant Identity card required.
- An affidavit of ₹ 50 stamp paper from the parents – girl duly attested by the 1st Class Magistrate – Gazetted Officer -SDM presenting that she is the only child in the family.
Check Also:- Punjab Scholarship 2024
How To Apply Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2024 Online?
To apply for the scholarship we will have to follow the simple process given below
- First, go to the official website of the National scholarship portal NSP Portal
- The homepage will appear on your screen
- Now, press on the option called New Registration
- The registration form will appear on your screen.
- Study the guidelines carefully
- Tick mark the declarations
- Press on Continue
- Enter yourself with all of your details.
- Generate username and password of applicant.
- You have to verify your mobile no using the OTP
- Now, log in using applicant credentials
- Press on the option called Application Form to fill up the application form
- Upload all of applicant documents
- Take a print hard copy of the duly filled application form, after successfully submitting it.
Related Post –