TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus:- TPSC Junior Engineer exam, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the syllabus beforehand. The TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus covers a range of topics, including civil engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering. Some specific topics you can expect to see on the exam include building materials, structural analysis, electrical circuits and measurements, thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics. To ensure that you’re fully prepared for the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus, it’s recommended that you review each topic thoroughly and practice with sample questions. With a solid understanding of the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus, you’ll be well-positioned to excel on the exam and launch your career as a junior engineer.
TPSC Junior Engineer exam, it’s important to know the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023 so that you can focus your studies and increase your chances of success. The TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus includes topics such as engineering mathematics, strength of materials, structural analysis, concrete technology, and building materials. Other important topics include geotechnical engineering, water resources engineering, transportation engineering, environmental engineering, and surveying. By familiarizing yourself with the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus and studying each topic thoroughly, you’ll be well-prepared to tackle the exam and demonstrate your knowledge and skills in these areas.
TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023
The officials of TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Junior Engineer, TES, Gr-V(A) Degree Group-B, TES Gr-V(B), Junior Engineer, TES Gr-V(B), Diploma Group-C Posts. To login the TPSC JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern go through the below site. TPSC JE Preliminary Examination carrying 100 numbers. The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only for the motive of selecting applicants for the Main Examination. And the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus carries 500 numbers. The Tripura Public Service Commission JE Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2023 has been make available by the Tripura Public Service Commission. Students can easily download the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus from the commission’s official web portal.
TPSC Junior Engineer exam, it’s important to know the syllabus inside and out. The TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus covers a range of topics including engineering mathematics, building materials, construction management, environmental engineering, and more. It’s important to have a thorough understanding of each topic in order to excel on the exam. To help with your preparation, make sure to review TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023 and take mock tests to get a feel for the format of the exam. Additionally, there are plenty of online resources available that offer study material and practice questions to help you prepare for the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus. With hard work and dedication, you can ace the exam and start your career as a Junior Engineer with confidence.
TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023 Details
|Organization Name||Tripura Public Service Commission|
|Post Names||Junior Engineer, TES, Gr-V(A) Degree Group-B, TES Gr-V(B), Junior Engineer, TES Gr-V(B), Diploma Group-C|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Examination, Main Examination, Interview-Personality Test|
Check Also:- MPPEB Group 4 Syllabus
TPSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern 2023
Given below is the TPSC JE Paper Pattern 2023. And the negative numbering is as per TPSC Norms.
|Subject Name||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|English Composition||10||10||2 Hours|
|General Knowledge & Current events of Local, National & International Importance||10||10|
|Engineering Aptitude (in related branch)||80||80|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
|Paper||Total Marks||Time Duration
|General Studies (Compulsory)||100||1 hour|
|Optional in the respective branch (Any two of the following papers in the appropriate branch of engineering)
||200 (In each Paper)||3 hours|
|Total||300 Marks||4 hours|
|TPSC JE Mains Exam Pattern – General Studies|
|Comprehension of a given passage||20|
|TPSC JE Mains Exam Pattern – Engineering Subject Paper I & II|
|15 questions of 6 marks each having answers restricted to 40 words||90|
|40 multiple-choice type questions of 2 marks each||80|
|05 numerical questions of 6 marks each||30|
Read Also:- Assam SLET Syllabus
Tripura PSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023
Syllabus for Grade V (A) Junior Engineer
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
- Timber- Different types and species of structural timber, density-moisture relationship, strength in different directions, defects, the influence of defects on permissible stress, preservation, dry and wet rots, codal provisions for design, Plywood.
- Bricks- Types, Indian Standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry, the influence of mortar strength on masonry strength.
- Cement- Compounds of different types, setting times, and strengths.
- Cement Mortar- Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and masonry.
- Concrete: Importance of W/C Ratio, Strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, elasticity, non-destructive testing, and mix design methods.
2. SOLID MECHANICS
Elastic constants, stress, plane stress, Mohr’s circle of stress, strains, plane strain, Mohr’s circle of strain, combined stress; Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, shear; Torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members.
3. DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES
Principles of working stress method. Design of connections, simple members, Built-up sections and frames, and Design of Industrial roofs. Principles of ultimate load design.
4. DESIGN OF CONCRETE AND MASONRY STRUCTURES
Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression, and combined forces. Codal provisions for slabs, beams, walls and footings. Working stress method of design of R.C. members. Principles of prestressed concrete design, materials, methods of prestressing, losses. Design of simple members and determinate structures.
5. CONSTRUCTION PRACTICES, PLANNING, AND MANAGEMENT
Concreting Equipment: Weight Batcher, Mixer, vibrator, batching plant, concrete pump. Cranes, hoists, lifting equipment. Earthwork Equipment: Power shovel, hoe, dozer, dumper, trailers and tractor rollers, sheep foot rollers, pumps. Construction, Planning and Management: Bar chart, linked bar chart, work-breakdown structures, Activity – on arrow diagrams. Critical path, probabilistic activity durations; Event-based networks.
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
1. (a) FLUID MECHANICS, OPEN CHANNEL FLOW.PIPE FLOW- Properties of the fluid, pressure, thrust, and buoyancy; Kinematics of Flow; Using flow equations to integrate; measurement of flow; a relative movement; epoch of momentum; Control, Drag, and the boundary layer’s viscosity. Lift; Dimensional Modeling and Analysis: Cavitation; Oscillations in the flow Open channel flow, flow controls, hydraulic jump, flow sections, and properties are all examples of energy and momentum principles. flow that is steady or gradually changing; Surges; Measurements, flow development and losses in pipe flow; Siphons; Hammer of water and surges
(b) HYDRAULIC MACHINES AND HYDROPOWER- types, performance parameters, scaling, and parallel pumps for centrifugal pumps; performance parameters, air vessels, and reciprocating pumps; ram hydraulic; Types, performance parameters, controls, and options for hydraulic turbines; Power plant, classification, layout, storage, pond, and supply control
2. (a) HYDROLOGY- Hydrological cycle, precipitation and related information examinations, PMP, unit and manufactured hydrographs; transpiration and evaporation PMF; flooding and its management Streams and how they are sized.
(b) WATER RESOURCES ENGINEERING- Multipurpose uses of Water: Soil-Plant-Water relationships, irrigation systems, water demand assessment; Storages and their yields, groundwater yield, and well hydraulics; Water logging, drainage design; Irrigation revenue.
3. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (a)WATER SUPPLY ENGINEERING- Causes of supply, yields, plan of admissions and guides; Forecasting of demand; Standards for water quality; prevention of diseases spread by water; Essential and optional treatment, itemizing and upkeep of treatment units; treated water conveyance and distribution systems, leaks, and control; Water supply in the countryside; water supply for institutions and industries.
(b)WASTE WATER ENGINEERING- Disposal of rainwater in cities; sewage collection and disposal systems; System design for sewers and sewage; pumping; The treatment of sewage and its characteristics, the disposal of its products, and the flow of a stream Plumbing Frameworks, Rustic and semi-metropolitan disinfection.
(c) SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT- Sources, classification, collection, and disposal; Design and Management of landfills.
4. (a) SOIL MECHANICS- Properties of soils, classification, and interrelationship; Compaction behavior, methods of compaction and their choice; Permeability and seepage, flow nets, Inverted filters; Compressibility and consolidation; Shearing resistance, stresses, and failure; soil testing in laboratory and in-situ; Stress path and applications; Earth pressure theories, stress distribution in soil; soil exploration, samplers, load tests, penetration tests.
(b) FOUNDATION ENGINEERING- Types of foundations, Selection criteria, bearing capacity, settlement, laboratory and field tests, Types of piles and their design and layout, Foundations on expansive soils, swelling and its prevention, the foundation on swelling soils.
5. (a) SURVEYING- Measurements of distances by direct and indirect methods, optical and electronic devices, Measurements of directions by prismatic compass, local attraction, Theodolites-types, Measurements of elevations by sprit and trigonometric leveling, Relief representation, contours, Digital elevations modeling concept, Establishment of control by triangulations and traversing measurements and adjustment of observations, computation of coordinates, Field astronomy, and the concept of the global positioning system are all examples of measurement methods.
(b) TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING- Arranging of roadway frameworks, arrangement, and mathematical plan, even and vertical bends, level partition, Materials and development techniques for various surfaces and support, Standards of asphalt plan, and Waste.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
1. STRENGTH OF MATERIALS- Principal stresses and strains, linear elastic materials, isotropy and anisotropy, stress-strain relations, uniaxial loading, and thermal stresses are all examples of stress and strain in two dimensions. Beams: Bowing second and shear force graph, twisting anxieties and redirection of bars, Shear pressure dissemination, Twist of shafts, helical springs, Joined burdens, good and bad walled pressure vessels. columns and ruts
2. Fluid Mechanics- Fluid properties and classification, manometer, forces on submerged surfaces, pressure center, buoyancy, and elements of floating body stability Dynamics and Kinematics Invisible, irrotational, and incompressible flow. Potential for velocity, pressure field, and forces on bodies submerged in water. Calculations of pressure drops and fully developed flow through pipes are made using Bernoulli’s equation. measurement of pressure drop and flow rate. Essential methodology, Laminar and violent streams, Divisions. flow through slits and weirs. Open channel stream, Water powered hop. Dimensionless numbers, Likeness and displaying.
3. THEORY OF MACHINES- Cams, Pinion wheels and stuff trains, Flywheels, Lead representatives. Adjusting of inflexible rotors and field adjusting. balancing engines with one and more cylinders. Shaft whirling and critical speeds Automatic controls.
4. MACHINE DESIGN- Joint designs: cotters, keys, splines, welded joints, threaded fasteners, interference-fitted joints, the design of friction drives, couplings and clutches, belt and chain drives, and power screws are all examples of joint construction. System design for power transmission: wire ropes, gears, driveshaft, and axle. Plan of heading: rolling element bearings and hydrodynamics bearings.
5. FLUID MACHINERY AND STEAM GENERATORS- Specific speed, classification, energy transfer, coupling, power transmission, steam generators, fire-tube and water-tube boilers, steam flow through nozzles and diffusers, wetness, and condensation are all aspects of hydraulic pump performance, operation, and control. Gas turbines and various steam types, partial admission Compressors, multistage compression, the role of Mach Number, reheat, regeneration, efficiency, governance, reciprocating, centrifugal, and axial flow.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
1. THERMODYNAMICS- Cycles and IC Motors, Fundamental ideas, Open and Shut frameworks. The Zeroth, the First and Second Laws, Heat and Work, Application to Flow and Non-Flow Processes, Entropy, and Availability Properties of ideal gases and fumes, Standard fume, Gass power and Refrigeration cycles, Two-stage blowers, CI and SI Motors, Pre-start, Explosion, and Diesel thump, Fuel infusion and Carburation, Supercharging. Engine cooling for turboprop and rocket engines, as well as emission and control. Estimation of Calorific qualities.
2. HEAT TRANSFER, REFRIGERATION, AND AIRCONDITIONING- modes of heat transfer, including steady and unsteady conduction in one dimension. Equivalent resistance and a composite slab. Heat scattering from expanded surfaces. Heat exchangers, By and large intensity move coefficient Observational connections for heat move in laminar and fierce streams and free of charge and constrained Convection, Warm limit layer over a level plate. Diffusive and connective mass transfer basics, the black body and fundamental radiation concepts, and enclosure theory. Shape aspect. Systems, heat pumps, refrigerants, and cycles Charts, psychrometry, condensers, evaporators, and expansion devices, as well as their application to air conditioning. Effective temperature, comfort indices, load calculations, and sensible heating and cooling. Controls, solar refrigeration, and duct design.
3. ENGINEERING MATERIALS- Essential ideas on the construction of solids. Materials that are clear. Crystalline materials with flaws. Binary phase diagrams and alloys. The structure and properties of common materials used in engineering.
4. INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING- Control and Planning of Production: Guaging Moving normal, outstanding smoothing, Tasks, booking; product development, break-even analysis, capacity planning, PERT, and CPM balancing on assembly lines Control Tasks: Stock control ABC examination, EOQ model, Materials prerequisite preparation. Work configuration, Occupation guidelines, Work estimation.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-1
1. EM THEORY- Electric and magnetic fields. Gauss’s Law and Amperes Law. Fields in dielectrics, conductors, and magnetic materials. Time-varying fields. Plane-Wave propagating in dielectric and conducting media. Transmission lines.
2. ELECTRICAL MATERIALS- Conductors, Semi-conductors, and Insulators. Superconductivity. Insulators for electrical and electronic applications. Magnetic materials. Ferro and ferri magnetism. Ceramics, Properties, and applications. Hall effect and its applications. Special semi-conductors.
3. ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS Circuits elements. Kirchhoff’s Laws. Mesh and nodal analysis. network Theorems and applications. Natural response and forced response. Transient response and steady state response for arbitrary inputs. Properties of networks in terms of poles and zeros. Transfer function. Resonant circuits. Three-phase circuits. Two-port networks. Elements of two-element network synthesis.
4. MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATIONU nits and Guidelines. energy, power, voltage, and current are all measured. Instruments for indicating. frequency, capacitance, resistance, and inductance measurements Dimensions of the bridge. Instruments that measure electronically. Frequency counter and digital voltage meter. Transducers and how they can be used to measure things that aren’t electrical, like temperature, pressure, flow-rate displacement, acceleration, and noise level, among other things. Systems for gathering data. D/A and A/D conversions Block diagrams and signal flow graphs and their reduction in control systems. Stability criteria for feedback systems and errors for various types of inputs. Strength examination utilizing Routh-Hurwitz cluster, Nyquist plot, and Bode plot. The estimation of gain and phase margin, the Nicols chart, and the root locus fundamental ideas for designing compensators. State variable grid and its utilization in framework displaying and plan. system with sampled data and how well it works with samples in the error channel Dependability of tested information framework. elements of the analysis of non-linear control. Control framework parts, electromechanical, pressure driven, and pneumatic parts.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER II
1. ELECTRICAL MACHINES AND POWER TRANSFORMERS. Attractive Circuits. Development and testing. Similar circuits. Misfortunes and proficiency. Regulation. Transformer with a three-phase autotransformer. Equal activity. The fundamentals of rotating machine theory. EMF, torque, and fundamental machine types. Efficiency, leakage losses, and construction and use Machines by BC. Development, Excitation strategies. Models of circuits Commutation and armour reaction. motors and generators Beginning and speed control. Testing. Misfortunes and proficiency. Machines that run in sync. Construction. Schematic model characteristics of operation. Coordinated reactance. Efficiency. Regulating the voltage. Parallel operation, salient-pole machine Hunting. Hamper. Enlistment Machines. Construction. Method of operation. changing fields Qualities and execution examination. determining the model of the circuit. Diagram of circles Beginning and speed control. Fragmentary KW engines. Single-stage simultaneous and acceptance engines.
2. POWER SYSTEMS- Hydro, thermal, and nuclear power stations are all types. pumped storage facilities Financial matters and working variables. Transmission lines for power. Demonstrating and execution qualities. Control of voltage. Studies of load flow optimal operation of the power system. Load recurrence control. Components That Are Symmetrical a representation per unit. fault finding. Transient and consistent state soundness of force frameworks. Equal area requirement. Power framework Drifters. Breakers that protect the power system. Relays. Transmission via HVDC.
3. ANALOG AND DIGITAL ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUITS- Photo diodes and their applications, rectifier circuits, voltage regulators and multipliers, switching behavior of diodes and transistors, semiconductor device physics, PN junctions and transistors, circuit models and parameters, FET, Zener, tunnel, and Schottky. Little sign enhancers, biasing circuits, recurrence reaction and improvement, multistage intensifiers and input speakers, D.C. enhancers, Huge sign intensifiers, coupling strategies, push-pull speakers, functional speakers, and wave forming circuits. Digital logic gate families, universal gates, and combination circuits for rl circuits are all examples of multivibrators. RAM, registers, counters and ROMs.
4. MICROPROCESSORS Microprocessor architecture-Instruction set and simple assembly language programming. Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Micro-processors in power systems.
5. COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS– modulation types; AM, FM, and evening. Demodulators. Commotion and transfer speed contemplations. Advanced correspondence frameworks. Beat code regulation and demodulation. broadcasting’s sound and vision components. Communication among carriers. Telemetry system in power engineering, frequency division and time multiplexing. division.
6. POWER ELECTRONICS- Devices made of semiconductors Thyristor. MOSFETS, GTOs, and a power transistor. operation and characteristics. AC to DC Converters; DC to DC Converters with one phase and three phases; AC controllers. Thyristor-controlled reactors; exchanged capacitor organizations. Inverters; single-stage and 3-stage. modulation of the pulse width. Switched-mode power supplies with sinusoidal modulation and uniform sampling.
Syllabus for Grade V (B) Junior Engineer
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
- BUILDING MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- BRICKS AND TILE
- STONES, SAND
- METALS AND OTHER ENGINEERING MATERIALS
- PAINTS AND VARNISHES
- BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
- CONSTRUCTION PLANNING AND STORAGE OF MATERIAL
- BRICKS AND STONE MASONRY
- DAMP PROOFING
- LINTEL AND ARCHES
- ROOFS AND ROOF COVERINGS
- DOORS AND WINDOWS
- STAIR AND STAIRCASES
- WALL FINISH
2. STRENGTH OF MATERIALS & THEORY OF STRUCTURE:
- STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
- BENDING MOMENT & SHEER FORCE IN BEAMS
- BENDING STRESS IN BEAMS
- SHEARING STRESSES IN BEAMS
- COLUMNS & STRUTS
- COMBINED BENDING & DIRECT STRESS
- COMPOUND & COMPLEX STRESS
- STRAIN ENERGY & IMPACT LOADING
- THEORY OF STRUCTURES
- DEFINITIONS & GENERAL PRINCIPLES
- PRIMARY STRESS ANALYSIS FOR STATICALLY DETERMINATE PIN JOINTED
- FIXED & CONTINUOUS BEAMS, PROPPED CANTILEVER
- MOMENT DISTRIBUTION METHOD
- RETAINING WALLS (EARTH RETAINING STRUCTURES)
3. FOUNDATION ENGINEERING:
- GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR DESIGN OF FOUNDATIONS
- TYPES OF FOUNDATION
- BEARING CAPACITY OF SOILS
- SETTLEMENT OF FOUNDATION
- PILE FOUNDATION
- SOIL STABILISATION
- SOIL EXPLORATION
- STRESS DISTRIBUTION IN SOILS
- EARTH PRESSURE
4. CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY:
- MATERIALS FOR CEMENT CONCRETE
- PREPARATION OF CONCRETE
- CONCRETE MIX DESIGN
- QUALITY CONTROL
- SPECIAL CONCRETE
- DETERIORATION AND RESTORATION OF CONCRETE
5. QUANTITY SURVEYING
- DEFINITION OF AN ESTIMATE AND TYPES
- SYMMETRICAL & UNSYMMETRICAL BOUNDARY WALL (USING MODULAR &
- TRADITIONAL BRICKS)
- CENTRE LINE, LONG WALL & SHORT WALL METHOD WITH EXAMPLE
- DEFINITION OF FLOOR AREA, CARPET AREA, PLINTH AREA, FAR
- ESTIMATE OF DIFFERENT ITEMS OF WORK INVOLVED IN A SINGLE STOREY
- RESIDENTIAL BUILDING
- ESTIMATE OF R.C.C. BEAMS, CHUJIA, LINTEL, AND SLAB (ONE WAY & WING BAR
- BENDING SCHEDULE)
CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-I
1. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- AIR POLLUTION
- ANALYSIS OF AIR POLLUTANTS
- AIR POLLUTION CONTROL MEASURES & EQUIPMENT
- METHODS & APPROACH TO AIR POLLUTION CONTROL
- WATER SOURCES
- DIFFERENT SOURCES OF WATER POLLUTION
- WATER POLLUTION & ITS CONTROL
- NOISE & ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- NOISE POLLUTION & CONTROL
- ENVIRONMENTAL LEGISLATIONS, AUTHORITIES & SYSTEMS
2. MECHANICS OF MATERIALS
- Stress and strain
- Thin cylinder and spherical shells
- Deflections of beams
- Torsion of solid and hollow circular shafts
- Riveted joints
3. MACHINE TOOL
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION
- METAL CUTTING
- LATHE AND LATHE WORKS
- DRILLING MACHINE
- BORING MACHINE SHAPER & PLANNER
- MILLING MACHINE GRINDING MACHINE
4 FLUID MECHANICS
- PHYSIC AL PROPERTIES OF FLUIDS
- FLUID STATICS
- FLUID KINEMATICS
- IMPACT OF JET
- HYDRAULIC TURBINE
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PAPER II
1. AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
- CONSTRUCTIONAL FEATURES
- FUEL SUPPLY SYSTEM
- COOLING SYSTEM
- LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- INTAKE & EXHAUST SYSTEM
- COMBUSTION IN ENGINE
- AUTOMOBILE EMISSION & ITS CONTROL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- CHASSIS & BODY.
- TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
- PROPELLER SHAFT & FINAL DRIVE
- SUSPENSION SYSTEM
- STEERING SYSTEM
- BRAKING SYSTEM
- WHEEL & TYRE
- GARAGE AND SERVICE STATION
2. NON-CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES
- SOLAR POWER PLANTS
- SOLAR ENERGY
- SOLAR RADIATION
- WIND POWER PLANTS
- WIND ENERGY
- ENERGY FROM BIO-MASS
3. REFRIGERATION & AIR-CONDITIONING
- AIR REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- VAPOUR COMPRESSION REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- VAPOUR ABSORPTION SYSTEM
- REFRIGERATION COMPONENTS, CONTROL, AND SAFETY DEVICES
- APPLICATION OF REFRIGERATION
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER -I
1. POWER PLANT ENGINEERING
- Conventional sources of Energy – Fossil fuels, Hydroelectric and nuclear,
- Thermal Power Station:
- Hydro-electric Power Stations:
- Nuclear Power Plants:
- Diesel Power Plant & Gas-turbine Plants:
- The elementary idea about Major Electrical Equipment used in Power Stations:
- Combined working of power plants
- Control of Active and Re-active power-Load-frequency control Performance of
- power stations and Economic considerations:
2. ELECTRICAL DESIGN & ESTIMATING
- Design and Specification:
- Design of an electrical installation of machines in a workshop (Maximum 4 machines)
- [out of 4 machines at least 1 no. should be of 1-phase]
- 1.E. rules related to Power Sub-circuit.
- Design of Electrical Machine:
- Design of a 3-phase transformer up to 200 KVA: – Estimation of a small residential complex. Estimation of lighting scheme of a large Auditorium and Public Health Centre, Estimation of electrical installation of machines (not more than four) in a workshop Estimation for giving 3-phase O.H. service connections to a residential building.
3. ELECTRICAL MACHINES
- GENERAL INTRODUCTION OF ROTATING MACHINE
- D.C Machines:
- D.C. Generator
- D.C. Motors:
- 1-phase Transformers:
- Principles of 1-phase Autotransformer
- Three-phase transformer
- 3-Phase Induction Motor
- Synchronous Motor:
- Fractional H.P. Motors:
4. TRANSMISSION & DISTRIBUTION OF POWER
- Transmission System
- Constructional Features of Transmission & Distribution Lines
- Mechanical Features of Overhead lines
- Spacing of conductors, length of span, Relevant I.E. Rules
- Electrical features of Overhead lines
- Power Factor Improvement
- Using Static condenser and Synchronous condenser related problems
- Distribution System
- Extra High Voltage DC System of Transmission
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PAPER-II
- BASIC ELECTRONICS
- Duration of Examination-3 Hours
- Passive & Active Circuit Elements
- Familiarity with the following components:- RESISTORS, FUSES, CAPACITORS,
- Voltage source and current source
- AC and DC signals, Transformer
- RELAYS, SWITCHES, CABLES, AND CONNECTORS
- ZENER DIODE
- BIPOLAR TRANSISTOR
- FIELD EFFECT TRANSISTOR
- UNIJUNCTION TRANSISTOR
- INTEGRATED CIRCUITS
2. ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENT & MEASURING INSTRUMENTS
- Definition & brief explanations of:
- Range, sensitivity, true & indicated value, Errors (including limiting errors),
- Resolutions, Accuracy, Precision, and instrument efficiency.
- Classification of instruments:
- Basic Requirements for measurements:
- Different types of instruments:
- Voltmeter, ammeter, multimeter, energy-meter. Multi-range ammeter and voltmeter
- Methods of measuring diff. Electrical quantities
- 1-phase Induction type energy meter.
- Errors adjustments
- Phantom loading
- Testing of energy meters.
- Classifications of resistances
- Description of Meggar.
- Measurement of capacitance:
- Magnetic measurements:
- Instrument Transformers:
- PT or VT
- Diff. Types of faults
3. CIRCUIT THEORY
- NETWORKS & A.C. FUNDAMENTALS
- Single-phase A.C Circuits:
- R-L-C Series Circuit:
- Parallel Circuit:
- RESONANCE & SELECTIVITY
- SERIES RESONANCE PARALLEL RESONANCE: PARALLEL RESONANCE:
- TRANSIENTS (FOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ONLY)
- Steady State & Transient Response.
- POLYPHASE CIRCUITS:
- COUPLED CIRCUITS:
- LAPLACE TRANSFORMATIONS:
- LAPLACE TRANSFORMATIONS
4. ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENT & CONTROL
- Measurement of Power/Energy & Industrial Metering:
- Digital energy-meter
- Operation & Utility of Tri-vector meter.
- Digital frequency meter
- (i) Mech. Resonance type (ii) Electrical resonance type Frequency meter Power
- Phase-sequence meter
- Digital Multimeter
- C.R.O.-block diagram representation & operation, applications
- Use of dual trace oscilloscope.
- Function generator
- Frequency Counter-
- Elements of Servomechanism:
- Super Motor-
Measurement of Non-electrical quantities: Study of the following transducers:
- Piezo-electric crystal.
- Strain gauge.
- Proximity switch.
- Tachogenerator (a.c.& d.c.) Capacitive transducers
- Seismic transducers.
- CONTROL SYSTEM:
- Brief descriptions with physical examples (along with schematic diagram) of:
- On-off controller.
- Proportional controller.
- Proportional plus derivative controller.
- P+I controller.
- P+D+I controller.
5. ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, AND TESTING
- General guidelines for Installation:
- Loading & unloading of heavy electrical m/c:
- Electrical Installation requirements:
- Earthing Installation:
- The general requirement of electric installation according to I.E. Rules: Motor generator set
- for battery charging and to supply various loads.
- Synchronization of two alternators. Maintenance of electrical installations
- Repair & maintenance with a maintenance Schedule of
- D.C. machine
- Induction motor
- Switchgear & Substation:
- A brief account of maintenance of contractors
- Storage Batteries
- OH lines and Cables
- Electric Safety Regulations
Can Check:- TMC Syllabus
How to Check TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023 Online?
TPSC Junior Engineer exam in 2023, it’s important to have access to the most up-to-date syllabus. Fortunately, you can easily find the TPSC Junior Engineer Syllabus 2023 online with just a few clicks. The syllabus outlines the topics that will be covered on the exam, so it’s a valuable resource for anyone looking to prepare effectively. You’ll find detailed information on subjects like engineering mathematics, building materials and construction, and structural analysis and design. By reviewing the syllabus and focusing your studies on the areas where you need the most improvement, you can increase your chances of success on the TPSC Junior Engineer exam.
Below is a step-by-step procedure for downloading the TPSC Syllabus 2023 for candidates who are unsure of how to precisely download the Syllabus.
- Log on to the official website tpsc.tripura.gov.in of the TPSC.
- On the TPSC homepage, click the link for the Syllabus.
- Select the job title whose Syllabus you want to download by clicking on it.
- Full all necessary information.
- Download the PDF of the TPSC JE Syllabus.