Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme (Mathrupoorna Yojana) – Karnataka State Government is going to launch a new scheme for the pregnant women of the state. The name of the scheme is Karnataka Matrushree Scheme. Under this Mathrupoorna Yojana, the state govt. will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 6000 through DBT to the expecting women. This Maternity Benefit Scheme aims to provide pregnancy aid to mother of Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. This amount will be given to the pregnant women for 3 months before delivery and 3 months after delivery at Rs. 1,000 p.m.
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2022
Karnataka State government will start Mathru Shree scheme from 1 November 2018 with an allocation of Rs. 350 crore in phased manner. Government will increase this monthly amount from Rs. 1,000 in the upcoming 5 years in phases. This scheme is applicable for first 2 child deliveries.The important features and highlights of this Mathrushree Scheme 2022 are as follows:-
- The state govt. will provide Rs. 6,000 to all the pregnant mother from BPL Families.
- Karnataka Mathrushree Yojana will remain applicable only to the first two babies. Mothers having their 3rd baby will not be eligible for this scheme.
- The Mathrushree Scheme amount would be given in 6 installments at Rs. 6,000 p.m.
- Govt. is implementing Mathrupoorna Yojane from 1 November 2018.
- Govt. will transfer the pregnancy aid amount directly through DBT.
Mathrupoorna Yojana Overview
||Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme (Mathrupoorna Yojana) Application Form|
|Launched by||CM HD Kumaraswamy|
|Date of announcement||7th July 2018|
|Tentative implementation||1st November 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Pregnant women from BPL families|
Also Check Nadakacheri CV Apply Online 2022
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Residents of Karnataka – As the new Karnataka state government will provide funding for implementing this scheme, only residents of the state will be able to enroll for this project.
- For BPL families – Only families, which are enlisted in the BPL list and possess government documents to prove their claims, will be allowed to apply under this scheme.
- For first two children only – In case the pregnant woman has two kids, then she will not be able to receive the financial grant. It will be given for the first and second child only.
Also Check Khajane 2 Login Portal
Following documents are required for applying for Mathrushree scheme
- Aadhaar Card
- BPL Ration card
- Pregnancy reports
- Bank account details linked with Aadhar card
Mathru Purna Scheme Benefits
The state government of Karnataka is implementing “Mathru Purna Scheme” or “Matru Poorna Scheme” for pregnant and lactating poor women across the state. The aim of the Mathrupoorna Yojane is to provide at least one nutritious meal every day to pregnant women particularly those living in rural areas of the state.
In this scheme, Rs.1000 per month is being directly transferred to the Aadhaar linked bank account of pregnant women of BPL families for three months prior to the delivery and three months after the delivery. So, the pregnant mother will get Rs. 1000 per month on seventh, eight and ninth month of pregnancy and Rs. 1000 per month on first , second and third month after delivery. The amount is being directly transferred to the Aadhaar linked bank account of pregnant women of BPL families for three months prior to the delivery and three months for the lactating mother.
Matru Poorna Scheme Objectives
The objective of Matru Poorna scheme is to improve maternal health that have a direct impact on the women and child’s nutrition. Under the scheme, the estimated cost of each meal could be around Rs. 21 per meal. The meal to pregnant women would be provided for 15 months that means it starts from the time of pregnancy to up to six months after delivery. This scheme will help in curb child malnutrition across the state.
Also Check PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana
The state government had even launched micro nutrients for pregnant and lactating women who are living in backward taluks under Mathru Pushtivardhini Scheme, under National Health Mission (NHM). In the recent budget, Karnataka government had made an announcement to extend the scheme to all 30 districts in the state and made a provision in budget and allocated funds for effective implementation of Mathrushree scheme.
Apply For Mathrushree scheme
This scheme will officially roll out during November this year. The state government and the respective departments are still working on the final implementation and application procedures. This is the process involved in applying for Mathrushree scheme.
- Visit the nearest Anganwadi Centre (AWC) and ASHA/ Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) workers.
- They will assist beneficiaries in filling the scheme application form and handing it over to Supervisor/ANM for verification along with requisite documents.
Mathrupoorna Yojana Status
Mathrushree Scheme announced as part of Karnataka State Budget of 2018. As on June 2019, 4726 women got benefited from CM’s Mathrushree Scheme. Beneficiaries requested to contact their Anganwadi workers and Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) for getting the benefits. For more details on Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme – Pre Natal Stage, click the link – https://services.india.gov.in/service/detail/mathrushree-pre-natal-stage-karnataka-1