How to Apply For Death Certificate in Delhi? The Death Certificate is very useful to document at the time to register a death to prove the time and DOB (date of death), to start the fact of death for dull the individual from legal, social, and official commitment, to allow settlement of property estate, and to permit the family to get insurance and other advantages. For other information, you can read the below section of the article.
Death Certificate in Delhi
- 1 Death Certificate in Delhi
- 2 Residential Address Proof of Candidate
In India, it is very required under the law (according to the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every death with the respective State/UT Government within 21 days of its event. In case the death has taken place in government hospitals/nursing homes/ private hospitals/ medical institutions, such deaths are to be reported by the main of the institutions within 21 days of the death to the respective registrars.
In case the death has taken place at the house, it is the authority of the main of the family/any other family member to report the similar within 21 days to the sub-registrars. You may read the further details related to Death Certificate Applying Procedure as given here. You may read the following section to get the up-to-date information related to Death Certificate Application Procedure in detail.
Highlights | Death Certificate in Delhi Apply Online
In the below table, you can collect the important details related to Death Certificate Application Procedure:
|Name of the Government||The State Government of Delhi|
|Article For||How to Apply For Death Certificate in Delhi|
Also Check Ejanma Karnataka Portal
What Are Eligibility Criteria For Death Certificate Registration 2022 Online?
Death Registration Order will get provided for the dead if he/she is-
- The applicant will be a citizen of India.
- He or she will be NRI born in Delhi
- The death of the individual should have happened within the territorial jurisdiction of the NCT of Delhi
- An individual should not have any Death Certificate provided by any Indian Government agency.
- There should be a distance of at least one year between the date of death of the particular and the date of creating an application for issuance perspective of death registration order.
Which Documents To Be Required With The Application Form?
- Identity Proof of candidate ( Any One is compulsory)
- Ration Card With Photo,
- Aadhar Card,
- PAN card,
- Voter ID Card,
- Driving License,
- Any Govt. recognized document
Also Check UP Birth Certificate
Residential Address Proof of Candidate
In Delhi, It is most important to register death under the relevant State Government/Union Territory Administration of Delhi as per the supplying of the Registrations of Death Act, 1961. Every death of a person has to be required to be registered, and the death certificate will be made to the nearest relatives of the dead. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi is in charge of the issuance of the death certificate in Delhi.
- Aadhaar Card,
- Bank Passbook,
- Telephone Bill(Landline or Postpaid),
- Voter ID card,
- Ration Card,
- Electricity Bill,
- Gas Bill,
- Driving License,
- Rent Agreement(Registered),
- Water Bill,
- Any Govt. Recognized Document.
Also Check TNREGINET Registration
What Are Registration Fees For Delhi Death Certificate?
The Government fee to get a death certificate in Delhi is shown below:
- When registering death within 21 days of it happening is free of cost.
- When registering death within 21 to 30 days after the death, then the Health (MOH), Medical Officer, will certify, grabbing a fine of Rs.25 from the candidate.
- After 30 days to within one year of death, only the Joint Director of Statistics may offer the certificate with a fine of Rupees 50 and an affidavit too.
If you are registering death after a year, the candidate may grab the certificate by order of a first-class magistrate, for which the candidate will require the Cause of Death Certificate, an Affidavit, and Cremation Certificate.
How To Apply For Death Certificate In New Delhi?
If you are going to apply for the Death Certificate in New Delhi, then you may follow some instructions as shown in the below section:
- The candidate has to visit the online portal of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD).
- Now choose your region among South DMC, North DMC, or East DMC.
- Click on the “Registration of Birth & Death” option on the page.
- Now choose the “Registrations by Empanelled Institutions” link from the list of alternatives.
- Afterward, the application form for death certificate registration.
- Enter all the required details such as Date of Birth/Death, Gender, Mother’s/Father’s Name etc.
- Then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
How To Apply Offline For Death Certificate In Delhi?
- To collect a death certificate, submit the fully filled application form along with all needed documents to the respective local authorities by the responsible human being.
- The registrar, who controls the Register of Deaths will scan the documents and can apply for the death certificate online.
- Then, pay the prescribed fee for a death certificate.
- The operator will give a receipt for the transaction.
- Also, an application ID is provided by the operator.
- The aspirant will get an SMS to the active mobile number.
- The Death Certificate is then provided after the complete verification by the officer within 5 days.
Death certificate In Delhi: Click Here