RBI Grade B Syllabus- The RBI Grade B exam is a highly competitive and sought-after exam for those looking to enter the banking sector. The RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023 for the exam is divided into three phases – Phase I, Phase II, and Interview. In Phase I, candidates are tested on their knowledge of General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. In Phase II, RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023 candidates are tested on their knowledge of Economic and Social Issues, Finance and Management, and Optional Paper. The Optional Paper can be chosen from various subjects such as Agriculture, Management, Economics, Commerce, etc. Finally, candidates who qualify for the first two phases move on to the interview round. The RBI Grade B Syllabus interview assesses the candidate’s personality traits such as leadership qualities, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
The RBI Grade B exam is a highly competitive exam for those seeking a career in banking. The RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023 for the RBI Grade B exam consists of three phases – Phase 1, Phase 2, and an Interview. In Phase 1, candidates are tested on their proficiency in General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The RBI Grade B Syllabus duration of this phase is two hours and the maximum marks are 200. In Phase 2, candidates are required to appear for three papers – Economic and Social Issues, Finance and Management, and an optional paper which can be chosen from Agriculture & Rural Development/Information Technology/Management/Finance or Economics. The maximum marks for this phase are 300. Candidates who clear both these phases will then be called for an interview round. The RBI Grade B Syllabus is designed to test the candidate’s aptitude and knowledge of various aspects related to economics and finance.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023 Details
|Organization Name||Reserve Bank Of India|
|Post Name||Grade B Officer|
|Job Location||Across India|
Check Also:- PPSC Warehouse Manager Syllabus
@rbi.org.in Syllabus 2023
Along with the official announcement of the Grade B exam, the RBI will publish the Grade B Syllabus 2023. Save Bank of India will before long delivery an authority notice for the enrollment of RBI Grade B Officials under different divisions, to be specific, DSIM, DR, and DEPR. A major step toward passing the upcoming exam is having a thorough understanding of the RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023. RBI Grade B Schedule 2023 will assist the hopefuls with understanding what’s going on with the test and begin their arrangements in the correct heading. Here, we will talk about exhaustively the most recent RBI Grade B Schedule and how might you get ready well for Stages 1, 2, and 3. To be eligible for the upcoming test, applicants are encouraged to follow the RBI Grade B syllabus PDF’s preparation instructions.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Grade B exam is a highly competitive and sought-after exam for those looking to pursue a career in banking. The syllabus for the RBI Grade B exam covers a wide range of topics, including general awareness, English language, quantitative aptitude, and reasoning ability. In addition to these topics, the syllabus also includes economic and financial news, banking and financial institutions, and current affairs. It is important for candidates to have a thorough understanding of all these topics in order to perform well on the exam. To prepare for the RBI Grade B exam, candidates should focus on developing their knowledge and skills in each of these areas through targeted study and practice. With dedication and hard work, candidates can successfully navigate the RBI Grade B syllabus and achieve their career goals in the banking industry.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2023
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced the exam pattern for the Grade B examination in 2023. The exam will be conducted in three phases: Phase-I, Phase-II, and an Interview. Phase-I will consist of multiple-choice questions on General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. Candidates who clear Phase-I will move on to Phase-II, which will consist of three papers: Economic and Social Issues, English (writing skills), and Finance and Management. Finally, those who clear Phase-II will be called for an Interview. The entire process is designed to test a candidate’s knowledge in various areas related to banking and economics. It is important for candidates to carefully review the exam pattern and syllabus before appearing for the exam to ensure their success.
Officers in Grade ‘B’ – General
Phase I Exam Pattern 2023
|Serial Number||Section Asked||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||General Awareness||80||80||Composite time of 2 hours|
Phase II Exam Pattern 2023
|Name of the Paper||Type of Paper||Duration||Marks|
|Paper I: Economic and Social Issues||50% Objective + 50% Descriptive||120||100|
|Paper-II: English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (3 Questions)||90||100|
|Paper III: Finance and Management||50% Objective + 50% Descriptive||120||100|
Officers in Grade ‘B’ – DEPR
|Name of the Paper||Duration||Maximum marks|
|Paper I- Objective Type (Economics)||120 minutes||100|
|Paper-II- Descriptive (Economics)||180 minutes||100|
|Paper III- English Descriptive||90 minutes||100|
Officers in Grade ‘B’ – DSIM
|Name of the Paper||Duration||Maximum marks|
|Paper I- Objective Type (Statistics)||120 minutes||100|
|Paper-II- Descriptive (Statistics)||180 minutes||100|
|Paper III- English Descriptive||90 minutes||100|
Read Also:- RPSC Chemist Syllabus
RBI Grade B phase 1 Syllabus 2023- Officers in Grade ‘B’- General
Indian Financial Systems
Indian Banking Systems
Fill in the blanks
Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
Speed, Time, and Distance
Simple and Compound Interest
Time and Work
Permutation and Combination
Mixture and Alligation
Stocks and Shares
Simplification and Approximation
Ratio & Proportion
Upstream and Downstream
Profit and Loss
Phase II Syllabus: Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – General
- Paper I- Economic and Social Issues- Growth and Development, Indian Economy, Globalization, Social Structure in India
- Paper II- English (Writing Skills)- The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
- Paper III- Finance and Management – Financial System, Financial Markets, General Topics, Management
Paper I- Economic and Social Issues
- Growth and Development
- Measurement of growth
- National Income and per capita income
- Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India
- Sustainable Development and Environmental issues
- Economic Reforms in India
- Industrial and Labour Policy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy
- Role of Economic Planning
- Opening up of the Indian Economy
- Balance of Payments
- Export-Import Policy
- International Economic Institutions
- IMF and World Bank
- Regional Economic Cooperation.
- Social Structure in India
- Demographic Trends
- Urbanization and Migration
- Gender Issues
- Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favor of the underprivileged
- Social Movements
- Indian Political System
- Human Development
- Social Sectors in India
- Health and Education
(a) Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets Primary and Secondary
- Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
Changing Landscape of the Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control)- WPI, CPI – components and trends.
- Its nature and scope
- The Management Processes
- Planning, Organization
- Directing and Controlling
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader
- Leadership Styles
- Leadership Theories
- A successful Leader versus an effective Leader
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD
- Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development
- Feedback and Performance Counselling
- Career Planning
- Training and Development
- Employee Welfare
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives
- Theories of Motivation
- How Managers Motivate
- Concept of Morale
- Factors determining morale
- Role of Incentives in Building up Morale
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process
- Communication Channels
- Oral versus Written Communication
- Verbal versus non-verbal Communication
- upward, downward and lateral communication
- Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology Corporate Governance
- Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
Can Check:- SGPGIMS Staff Nurse Syllabus
How to Check RBI Grade B Syllabus 2023 Online?
RBI Grade B exam in 2023, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the syllabus. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has published the syllabus on its official website, making it easy for candidates to access and prepare accordingly. The syllabus covers a wide range of topics, including economics, finance, management, and current affairs. It is important to note that the syllabus may be subject to change, so it’s always a good idea to keep up-to-date with any updates or revisions. By reviewing the syllabus and creating a study plan that addresses each topic area, you can give yourself the best chance of success on exam day.
- Visit the official web portal rbi.org.in
- Click the Syllabus link on the web page.
- Upon clicking the link, students are redirected to the login page.
- Candidates need to enter their registration number or roll number & date of birth or password.
- On submitting the details, the Syllabus appears on the screen.
- Download RBI Grade B Syllabus and take its printout.