How to lock your Facebook Profile- Because it has made it easier for us to stay in touch with friends, family, and other people any time, anywhere, social media has become an essential part of our lives. Facebook is one such well-known social media and networking platform that has made it virtually effortless for us to socialize. The occasional unwanted attention from strangers or stalkers is no longer a problem. Facebook clients presently approach another security highlight, called Facebook Profile Lock, which fills the protection openings in the framework. Stalkers or strangers cannot download your profile photos or access other photos, posts, stories, etc. after you lock your Facebook profile. in this way offering you unlimited authority over your profile. Learn how to lock your Facebook profile by reading on.
On Android: Open the Facebook app and go to your profile. Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner, then select “Settings & Privacy” > “Privacy Shortcuts” > “Profile Locking.” Toggle on the “Lock Your Profile” option. On iPhone: Open the Facebook app and go to your profile. Tap the three horizontal dots in the top right corner, then select “Privacy Shortcuts” > “Profile Locking.” Toggle on the “Lock Your Profile” option. On Desktop: Go to Facebook.com and click on your profile picture. Click on the three dots next to “View Activity Log,” then select “Lock Profile.” By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your Facebook profile is only visible to people you know and trust. It’s a great way to protect your privacy while still enjoying all of the benefits of social media.
How to lock your Facebook Profile
Facebook is an extraordinary spot to be social without real actual contact. The online entertainment stage has turned into an essential piece of our lives as we will generally get all the data about our friends and family, companions, family, and more through the stage. However, this also means that stalkers can use it as a medium. We’ve all been in this predicament at one point or another, where unwanted individuals download photos from your profile to create bogus accounts and more. Therefore, the company has introduced Facebook Profile Lock, a new safety feature, to reduce this risk. Users can have more control over their profiles thanks to the feature. Those who want to completely hide their profile from strangers or stalkers will appreciate the feature’s assistance.
Locking your Facebook profile from strangers is an important step to protect your privacy and personal information. Fortunately, the process is straightforward and can be done easily through your Android mobile phone, iPhone, or desktop. To lock your Facebook profile on Android mobile phone, go to your profile and click on the three-dot icon in the top right corner. Then select “Edit Profile” and scroll down to “Privacy Settings.” From there, select “Profile Privacy” and switch the toggle to “Only Me.” On an iPhone, go to your profile and tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner. Select “Edit Profile” and then tap “Privacy Settings.” Under “Who Can See Your Posts,” select “Only Me.”
How to lock your Facebook Profile Overview
|Article Name||How to lock your Facebook Profile|
|Category||How to guides|
|Official site||Click Also|
Why should I lock Facebook profile?
Facebook profile lock is your key to somewhere safe and secure as it keeps your data, for example, old neighborhood subtleties, city, schooling subtleties, and messages, protected from outsiders or stalkers. Already, it wasn’t so difficult for stalkers or aliens to scour through your profile and even download your photographs to make counterfeit records or do a lot of more regrettable, however with Facebook profile lock it is at this point not conceivable. On mobile and desktop browsers, as well as in the Facebook app, activating the profile lock is simple.
Check Also:- How to Clean Car Plastic 2023?
How to lock your Facebook profile on Android mobile phone and iPhone via app
- On your iPhone or Android smartphone, open the Facebook app.
- Tap on your profile.
- Tap the menu with three dots (next to “Add to Story”) on the main profile page.
- Select “Lock Profile” by tapping on it.
- Now, select the option to “Lock Your Profile.”
- Tap “OK” on the pop-up message when you’re finished.
Your profile will be locked and just your companions will actually want to see the photographs and posts on your timetable.
How to lock your Facebook profile on desktop and mobile phone via web browser?
To keep strangers and stalkers at bay, follow the steps below to lock your Facebook profile on your desktop:
- Open any program on your work area.
- Enter facebook.com (or click here) and enter your username and password to sign in.
- Tap on your profile.
- After that, tap the menu with three dots next to “Add to Story.”
- Select “Lock Profile” by tapping on it.
- Presently, tap on the ‘Lock Your Profile’ choice to lock your Facebook profile so that your photographs, posts, and other significant data stays completely safe from individuals who are not your Facebook companions.
Check Also:- How to Delete Phonepe Account Permanently 2023
Lock Facebook Profile features
- By locking your Facebook profile, you protect all of your important information from non-friends.
- They are unable to access your posts, view your stories, download your cover photo, or view your profile.
- Indeed, even the settings of the posts that you partook in the past will be changed from Public to Companions, guaranteeing total security.
- As soon as you lock your Facebook profile, the Profile review and the Tag review also become active, so anyone who wants to tag you in a post will need your permission.
- Likewise, just a piece of your About segment is noticeable to all, empowering individuals to look for yourself and send you a companion demand.
- Also, when you initiate the Facebook profile lock, you can’t compose or impart presents on The general population and are confined to your Companions as it were.
How to unlock your Facebook profile?
You can open your Facebook profile as effectively as you lock it utilizing the application or internet browser on portable or work area. Simply follow these means:
- Go to the Facebook website or app.
- Tap on the profile area.
- Tap on the three-speck menu (close to ‘Add to Story’).
- Select the option to “Unlock Profile.”
- On the spring up message, again tap on ‘Open Profile’ to open your Facebook profile.
Check Also:- How to Mix Car Paint Step by Step Full Guide 2023
What changes are applied after the Facebook account is locked?
When the Facebook account is locked, outsiders or individuals who are not on your Facebook companion rundown can not see your photographs, posts, stories, as well as your standard profile or cover photograph. In addition, they are unable to view information about your education, hometown, current city, and other details by zooming in on your Facebook profile picture.
Moreover, posts that were prior imparted to the Public will naturally change to Companions and just a restricted piece of About data will be noticeable to all. You will also be able to turn on the Profile Review and Tag Review, allowing you to accept or reject tags that people add to your posts.
On Android and iPhone, go to your profile page and click on the three dots in the top right corner. From there, select “Edit Profile,” then scroll down to “Privacy Settings.” Here you’ll see an option for “Who Can See Your Friends List” – select “Only Me” to prevent strangers from seeing your friends list. Additionally, you can click on “Profile Locking Options” to lock your profile from non-friends or specific individuals. On desktop, go to your profile and click on the three dots in the bottom right corner of your cover photo. Select “View As” and make sure it’s set to “Public.” Then click on “Edit Public Details” and select which information you want visible to everyone. To lock your profile from non-friends, go back to the three dots and select “Lock Profile.” By following these simple steps, you can ensure that only those you trust have access to your Facebook profile.