Jan Dhan Account Balance – Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was announced by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi on 15th August 2014 and this scheme has been started on 28th August 2014. Under this scheme, in the bank of poor people of the country, the post office. and accounts will be opened in the bank of poor people of the country, at zero balance in the post office and nationalized banks. The facility will be provided with an overdraft facility of Rs 5000 and accident insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh built-in to RuPay Debit Card and RuPay Kisan Card. As you all know, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana was launched on 15 August 2014 by the Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi.
Jan Dhan Bank Account Balance Check 2022
One of the biggest schemes of the Modi government is the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, which has been completed for 6 years today. Today, when it has completed 6 years, PM Modi congratulated the people by tweeting and kept the main things related to this scheme in front of all the citizens. The Prime Minister has tweeted that the purpose of this scheme was to connect those people who were deprived of it with the banking system. This initiative has proved to be a game-changer.
As of 15th December 2021, 44.12 crore accounts have been opened under this scheme. Out of which more than 55% of account holders are women. This information was provided by the Ministry of Finance. Jan Dhan’s account was opened by 24.42 crore women under PM Jan Dhan Yojana till 17 November 2021. About 1.65 crore citizens are getting the benefit of this scheme in Gujarat, out of which 0.84 crore or 51% of account holders are women.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana Online Apply 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2022|
|Launched by||Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi|
|Under||The Central Government of India|
|Benefit of Scheme||To open Jan Dhan Account with zero balance|
|Beneficiaries under scheme||Citizen of India|
|Main Objective||Promoting saving money through a saving account with zero balance required condition|
|Beneficiaries under scheme||Citizen of India|
|Official Web Link||www.pmjdy.gov.in|
Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2022
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the savings account of the beneficiary is opened.
- There is no need to maintain a minimum balance in the account opened under this scheme.
- Interest is also paid by the bank on the accounts opened under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Under this scheme, a debit card is given to the beneficiary.
- Accident insurance cover of ₹ 200000 is also provided under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- But you can avail of this facility only if you have used a debit card.
- A life insurance cover of ₹ 30000 is also provided under this scheme.
- Overdraft facility of ₹ 10000 is also available on the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account, but it is mandatory to link the beneficiary’s account with Aadhaar to take advantage of this facility.
- This account is also used by the government for direct benefit transfer for any scheme.
Also Check PM Jan Dhan Yojana Registration
PMJDY A/C Balance Status
Account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana can be opened in Public Sector Bank, Private Sector Bank, or Post Office. If you have any other savings account then you can also convert it into a Jan Dhan account. Any citizen of India whose age is 10 years or more can open his Jan Dhan account. Through this scheme, more and more citizens of the country can be connected to the banking system.
On opening this account, customers also get insurance of Rs 1.30 lakh. In which the nominee gets an amount of ₹ 100000 on death. Along with this, the general insurance of ₹ 30000 is also included under this scheme. Under this general insurance, the account holder gets ₹ 30000 in case of an accident. Also, there is an innovative idea to financially connect all the citizens with this scheme. It encourages the way of saving among Indians. So, people can now register themselves to become the beneficiary of this scheme.
Also Check PM Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana
PM Jan Dhan Yojana 2022 Benefits
- Citizens can easily open savings accounts through this scheme.
- Earlier, applicants to open a savings account would have to fulfill the requirement of depositing a certain amount for the particular savings account.
- Also, if your account balance is zero, then the bank charges a penalty for that.
- But as per the scheme, there is no stipulation of minimum balance in the account in a savings account.
- Also if you deposit money in this account.
- Even after that, you will get interested in the amount saved in the account.
- The account holder of this scheme will also get a Rupay debit card.
- With the help of this account, the beneficiary can transfer the amount to any other account.
- Apart from this, the account holder will also get benefits like pension, subsidy, and insurance cover facility.
- For women candidates also certain preferences are considered by the government.
Also Check PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana
Steps to check Jan Dhan Account Bank Balance
Through the PMJDY Portal:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of PFMS.
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home page, you will see the option of Know Your Payment.
- You have to click on this option.
- After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page, you have to enter your bank name, and your account number.
- Here you have to enter the account number twice.
- After entering the account number, you have to enter the captcha code.
- And then you have to click on Send OTP on Registered Mobile Number.
- After this OTP will come on your mobile number, then you can check your bank balance by entering OTP.
Also Check PM Awas Yojana List
PMJDY Account Balance Check via Missed Call
If you do not want to check Jan Dhan’s account balance through the portal, then you can also check your bank balance through missed call. If you have a Jan Dhan account in State Bank of India then you can give missed call on the number 8004253800 or 1800112211. But you have to make a missed calls from the same mobile number which is registered in your bank account.