iOS 15.4 Release: IOS 15.4 has been released and is available to download now. This update includes new features and bug fixes, so make sure you download it if you’re on an iOS device. Here are the major changes in iOS 15. We’ve compiled a list of the most significant changes in this update, so that you can get a better understanding of what’s new and how it will affect your iPhone or iPad.
iOS 15.4 is a big update for your iPhone and iPad. It has new features and updates for both devices. The update is mostly bug fixes and security updates. So, it’s a safe download and should not cause any problems. There are several new big features in iOS 15.4 that include the long-awaited Universal Control. This feature will let users control multiple devices with one voice command. Face ID functionality with a mask is also included in iOS 12. This will allow users to easily access their devices when they are wearing a mask. There are new emoji, a new Siri voice, and more.
iOS 15.4 Release Date
IOS 15.4 is a major update for the iOS operating system, and it includes a number of new features and improvements. We’ve compiled a list of all the changes below, so you can get up to speed on everything that’s new.
IOS 15.4 was released on March 14, 2022. So, people can now use it. For help with upgrading, there is a guide available. iOS 15.4 is compatible with all versions of iOS that are currently running. Anyone who has iOS 15 or above can download and install iOS 15.4. Starting from the iPhone 6S, all smartphones made by Apple are eligible for a free upgrade to the latest iOS version.
Also Read : iPhone 14 Release Date
What new features are coming with iOS 15 and what will they be like?
IOS 15 is set to be a big update for iPhone and iPad owners, and with good reason! Some of the key features include:
– A new Siri voice that is more natural and responsive
– A redesigned app store with a new sections for games, movies, and books
– AirPlay 2 support for sending audio from one device to another
– New Emoji characters
– New app updates and improvements including updates to the Safari web browser, Notes app, and Phone app
– Many more minor improvements and bug fixes
Overall, iOS 15 is packed with features that will make your life easier. From upgraded apps and updated features to easier group FaceTime calls and AirPlay 2 support, there is something for everyone. Be sure to download the update as soon as possible so you can take advantage of all the new goodies!
See Also: How to Restore Instagram Stories
iOS 15.4 New Features
We’ve also included a list of the features and compatibility that is specific to iOS 15.4. So, whether you’re using an iPhone or an iPad, you’ll be able to take full advantage of all the new features this update. iOS 15.4 includes a bunch of new features and improvements. We’ve outlined them below for you.
Face ID with a mask
The Covid-19 pandemic happened and caused problems for iPhones because people were wearing masks. This made it difficult for the iPhone to recognize faces. IOS 15.4 fixed the issue where iPhones could unlock if they were connected to an Apple Watch. IOS 15.4 allows you to set Face ID to work even when you’re wearing a mask. This means that the device will be able to identify you even if part of your face is covered.
Face ID is not 100% accurate when using a mask. Apple warns users of this in order to make sure their data is secure. If you would rather not use this feature, you can disable it on your phone.
Universal Control is a new iPadOS 15.4 feature that allows users to connect their iPad to a Mac and use their mouse and keyboard. This makes it easy to work on both the iPad and the Mac at the same time. This new feature was first announced at WWDC 2021. It has finally arrived in iPadOS 15.4.
If you don’t like the emoji that are currently available, then iOS 15.4 may have some new ones that you will like. The iOS 15.4 update includes more emoji, which makes it more inclusive for everyone.
Anti-stalking measures for AirTag
Apple has a range of measures in place to prevent unwanted AirTag tracking. One of these measures is already present in iOS 15.4. Other measures that Apple plans to put in place include making it harder for developers to use AirTag tracking, and adding protections to AirPods and other Apple devices.
The company has put in place warnings for people who are using AirTag. This includes informing people that using the device to track someone without their consent is illegal and that the AirTag can be tracked and linked to the owner. The update will help you understand which devices are connected to your phone and which ones aren’t.
Tap to Pay
Apple recently announced that they are working on a Tap to Pay feature for iPhones. This feature would turn your iPhone into a contactless payment terminal. iOS 15.4 includes frameworks that will make it easier for developers to add this service in their apps.
A new Siri voice
Siri has a new voice! This is the fifth option under the ‘American’ category, and it’s an English language voice that sounds like a female. You can hear a sample of it below.
iOS 15.4 Beta 4 changes : Apple adds a 5th American Siri voice with filename ‘Quinn’ pic.twitter.com/HFQZV1oF0I
— Steve Moser (@SteveMoser) February 22, 2022
Siri can now help you with tasks such as setting a alarm or timer while you’re offline on devices from the iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 and onwards.
iOS 15.4 includes a number of new features, including the ability to start SharePlay sessions directly from supported apps, use the camera to add scanned text to Note and Reminders, translate Safari web pages to Italian or Chinese, manage iCloud custom email domains from Settings, use Shortcuts to add, remove, or query tags with Reminders, and add notes to saved passwords in Settings. There are a lot of small changes included in iOS 15.4 that make your device run better.
There are now filters for episodes in the Podcasts app, so you can see which ones you have already listened to and which ones you haven’t yet. Audio content in the News app is now easier to see and read.
People in the European Union can now add their Covid vaccine cards to the Wallet app. The Emergency SOS feature now defaults to requiring you to hold the side button and a volume button to initiate a call to the emergency services on any device you’re using.
Apple released a new update for iOS that includes fixes for some issues. One of these is a fix for the keyboard inserting a period between typed numbers. Another fix in iOS 15.4 is for News widgets in Today View not opening articles when tapped. 1. Apple Fixed Bug for photos and videos not syncing to iCloud Photo Library. Apple is releasing a fix for the Speak Screen Accessibility feature quitting unexpectedly within the Books app. Bug fix for Live Listen not turning off when switched off in Control Center.
iOS 15.4 Compatibility
All the iPhones that are compatible with iOS 15 will be compatible with iOS 15.4. Here is a list of all the devices that will be compatible with iOS 15.4
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
If you’re looking for the name of the upcoming iOS update, you can find it in the list above. If it is available, then your iPhone will most likely be updated to it. However, if it isn’t, then unfortunately, your iPhone will not be updated.
iOS 15.4 Download Size and Required Free Space
You will need to free up space on your computer in order to install the new app. However, this usually doesn’t take a lot of space. Around 1.5GB to 2GB is usually enough. We don’t know how much space you will need, but going by the norms will be fine.
Apple iOS 15.4 release notes
iOS 15.4 adds the ability to unlock with Face ID while wearing a mask on iPhone 12 and newer. This update also includes new emoji, a new voice option for Siri, and other features and bug fixes for your iPhone.
• Face ID while wearing a mask option on iPhone 12 and newer
• Apple Pay and password autofill in apps and Safari can be used with Face ID while wearing a mask
• New emoji including faces, hand gestures, and household objects are now available in emoji keyboard
• Handshake emoji allows you to choose separate skin tones for each hand
• SharePlay sessions can be initiated directly from supported apps
• Siri can provide time and date information while offline on iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11 or newer
• Siri now includes an additional voice, expanding the diversity of options
• EU Digital COVID Certificate support in Health enables you to download and store verifiable versions of COVID-19 vaccination, lab results, and recovery records
• COVID-19 vaccination cards in Apple Wallet now support the EU Digital COVID Certificate format
This release also includes the following enhancements for your iPhone:
- Safari webpage translation adds support for Italian and Chinese (Traditional)
- Podcasts app adds episode filters for seasons, played, unplayed, saved, or downloaded episodes
- iCloud custom email domains can be managed from Settings
- News offers enhanced discovery of audio content in the Today feed and Audio tab
- Camera in keyboard can be used to add text to Notes and Reminders
- Shortcuts now supports adding, removing, or querying tags with Reminders
- Emergency SOS settings have changed to use Call with Hold for all users. Call with 5 Presses is still
- available as an option in Emergency SOS settings
- Close-up in Magnifier uses the ultra-wide camera on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max to help you see small objects
- Saved passwords can now include your own notes in Settings
This release also includes bug fixes for your iPhone:
- Keyboard may insert period between typed numbers
- News widgets in Today View may not open articles when tapped
- Photos and videos may not sync to iCloud Photo Library
- Speak Screen Accessibility feature may quit unexpectedly within the Books app
- Live Listen may not turn off when switched off in Control Center
How do I update to iOS 15.4?
If you are running an older version of iOS, you need to update to iOS 15.4 in order to take advantage of the new features and security enhancements that have been introduced. You can do this by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update and clicking on the Update button. This will download and install the latest version of iOS onto your device. Once the update is complete, you will need to restart your device to make the changes take effect.