How to Unlock your Samsung Phone: If you forgot your phone’s screen pattern, PIN or password, this blog is for you. This blog will teach you how to unlock your Samsung phone if you have forgotten the pattern, PIN or password. By following the instructions in this blog, you will be able to unlock your phone without having to go through the hassle of contacting customer service or going through a lengthy process of trying different combinations. Everything you need is included in this blog, so don’t hesitate to get started!
Every modern smartphone comes with some sort of lock screen security to keep the device and its contents secure from the prying eyes from gaining access to your data. While you have secured your phone with a PIN, password or pattern to protect your device and the data stored in it, there are increased chances for you to forget the same. It could be really horrible to forget the lock screen password, pattern or PIN as you will not be able to access the device anymore.
How to Unlock your Samsung Phone
- 1 How to Unlock your Samsung Phone
- 2 Use Android Device Manager to unlock your Phone
- 3 Use Google login to unlock the lock screen pattern
- 4 Unlock your Samsung Phone Method if You Forgotten the Lock Screen Password
- 4.1 Method 1. Use the ‘Find My Mobile’ feature on Samsung Phone
- 4.2 Method 2. Use Android Device Manager to Bypass Samsung Password
- 4.3 Method 3. Google Login (Supports Only Android 4.4 or Lower)
- 4.4 Method 4. ‘Pattern Password Disable’ and Custom Recovery (SD Card needed)
- 4.5 Method 5. Delete the Password File Using ADB
- 4.6 Method 6. Factory Reset to Bypass Samsung Lock Screen
- 4.7 Method 7. Boot into Safe Mode
- 4.8 Method 8. Call your Locked Phone to Bypass Samsung Password
- 5 Conclusion
Fortunately, there are several methods to gain access to your smartphone by bypassing the lock screen security. Below, we will detail some methods that will let you know how you can unlock your Samsung device without the lock screen security PIN, password or pattern. If you’ve forgotten your Samsung phone’s screen pattern, PIN , or password, there is a way to unlock it.
This will erase all of your data and restore the phone to its original condition. Before resetting your phone, make sure you backup important files. Once you’ve reset your phone, you will need to enter your screen pattern, PIN , or password to complete the setup process. Be sure to have this information handy if you ever need to reset your phone in the future!
Use Android Device Manager to unlock your Phone
One of the ways to unlock the phone is Android Device Manager. On a computer or other mobile phone, you need to visit the website, google.com/android/device manager. Sign in using your Google login details used on your locked phone. Then, select the device you need to unlock and select ‘Lock’. Enter a temporary password and click ‘Lock’ again. You will get a confirmation below the box with three buttons – Ring, Lock and Erase. Now, you will get a password field on your phone in which you should enter the temporary password. This should unlock your phone. You can change the same later.
Use Google login to unlock the lock screen pattern
This method works on devices that run on Android 4.4 Kit Kat and below. This is a faster way to unlock your smartphone. If you don’t remember your lock screen pattern, you can enter wrong patterns for more five or more times and select the option – Forgot Pattern. You can enter the backup Pin or Google login details. This will unlock your smartphones.
Use Samsung’s Find My Mobile tool
If your Samsung device is registered with a Samsung account beforehand, you can unlock it with the Find My Mobile tool. Go to the tool and sign in using the Samsung login details. You will see your registered phone on the left and there will be an option ‘Unlock my screen’. Choose unlock and wait for a few seconds and you will get a notification telling that the screen is unlocked.
Try custom recovery to disable the lock screen
To try this method, there should be a SD card in your phone. In fact, this is an advanced way to unlock the device. Download the ZIP file, Pattern Password Disable on your computer and save it on your phone’s SD card. Insert the card in your phone and reboot the phone into recovery. Flash the ZIP file on the SD card and reboot the device. Your phone will boot up without a locked screen.
Unlock your Samsung Phone Method if You Forgotten the Lock Screen Password
Method 1. Use the ‘Find My Mobile’ feature on Samsung Phone
All Samsung devices come with the “Find My Mobile” feature. So if you meet Samsung galaxy forgot password and guess how to unlock Samsung /S22/s9 or Samsung note 9, try ‘Find My Mobile’ first. To bypass the Samsung lock screen pattern, PIN, password, and fingerprint, you can follow the below steps to get it done.
- Step 1. First, set up your Samsung account and log in.
- Step 2. Click the “Lock My Screen” button.
- Step 3. Enter a new PIN in the first field
- Step 4. Click the “Lock” button at the bottom
- Step 5. Within a few minutes, it will change the lock screen password to the PIN so that you can unlock your device.
Method 2. Use Android Device Manager to Bypass Samsung Password
To unlock Samsung phone lock password with Android device manager, make sure the Android Device Manager is enabled on your device.
- Step 1.
- Step 2. Log in to the Google account that you used on your locked device.
- Step 3. Choose the device you want to unlock in the ADM interface
- Step 4. Click on the “Lock” option.
- Step 5. Enter a password. There is no need to enter any recovery message. Select “Lock” again.
- Step 6. If it is successful, you will see a confirmation below with the “Ring, Lock and Erase” buttons.
- Step 7. Now you must get the password field on your phone to enter your new password, and your phone will be unlocked.
- Step 8. Go to lock screen settings on your device and disable the temporary password.
Method 3. Google Login (Supports Only Android 4.4 or Lower)
If your device is still running on Android 4.4 or lower, how to unlock Samsung phone without a password fast.
- Step 1. Enter the wrong pattern five times
- Step 2. Choose “Forgot Pattern”
- Step 3. Enter your Google account login or backup PIN
- Step 4. Now your phone would be unlocked.
Method 4. ‘Pattern Password Disable’ and Custom Recovery (SD Card needed)
You have to install any customer recovery, and you should have an SD card on your phone. SD card is required to move a ZIP file to the phone, and it is the only way to transfer the file when the device is locked.
- Step 1. Download a zip file named “Pattern Password Disable” on your computer and move it to your Samsung device’s SD card.
- Step 2. Insert the card on your device
- Step 3. Restart your device into recovery mode.
- Step 4. Flash the file on your card and restart the phone.
- Step 5. Now your phone would boot up without a lock screen. Don’t worry if you have a gesture lock or password. All you need to do is input a random gesture or password, and it will be unlocked.
Method 5. Delete the Password File Using ADB
It is yet another option that will work only when you have enabled USB Debugging previously on your device and your PC is allowed to connect via ADB. If you meet such requirements, it is ideal to use this method to unlock the Samsung lock screen.
- Step 1. Connect your device to the PC using a USB cable and open the command prompt in the ADB directory. Type the command “adb shell rm /data/system/gesture. the key” and then press “Enter.”
- Step 2. Restart your phone, and a secure lock screen must be gone, and you can access your device. Be sure to set a new PIN, pattern, or password before rebooting again.
Method 6. Factory Reset to Bypass Samsung Lock Screen
A factory reset is the best option in almost any case if one of these solutions couldn’t work. According to your device type, the process may vary. In most devices, you have to turn off the device completely to start the process. But this method will delete all the precious data on the device after the factory reset.
- Step 1. Hold the power button and volume down at the same time. It will open the Boot loader menu.
- Step 2. Press the volume down button two times to choose “Recovery Mode” and select it by pressing the “Power” button.
- Step 3. Hold down the power button and tap “Volume Up” once and enter the “recovery” mode.
- Step 4. Choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option by using the volume buttons.
- Step 5. Select it by pressing the Power button.
- Step 6. Select “Reboot System Now” once the process is done.
Method 7. Boot into Safe Mode
Chances may be that you are using a third-party lock screen app. Then lucky for you, this way works best to bypass the Samsung lock screen. Specifically, you can boot your Samsung device into Android Safe Mode.
- Step 1. Open up the Power menu from the lock screen and press and hold the “Power Off” option.
- Step 2. It will ask if you want to boot in safe mode. Tap “OK”
- Step 3. Once the process finishes, it will temporarily disable the lock screen activated by the third-party app.
- Step 4. Uninstall the third-party lock screen or just reset the data.
- Step 5. Reboot your device and get out of safe mode.
- Step 6. Now the irritating lock screen app is obliterated.
Method 8. Call your Locked Phone to Bypass Samsung Password
- Step 1. Take your friend’s phone to call on your locked phone.
- Step 2. Accept the call and press the back button without disconnecting.
- Step 3. Now you can access the device completely.
- Step 4. Go to the security settings of the device and remove the pattern or pin.
- Step 5. It will ask you the correct pin that you don’t know, guess, and try various combinations you can recall.
When you forgot the password of your Samsung phone, you can learn about these ways from this post to unlock the Samsung phone. The detailed guides written above are proven by testing, so you can try them without worry. Anyway, in order to avoid forgetting the password on Samsung, you could write download your password to the text file and keep it secure.