How To Lock Android Apps On Samsung Smartphones – Smartphones have develop from being more than just communicating gadgets. These hand held device let you perform task that were earliest achievable only via bug computer device include laptop and PC. Samsung is one of the popular name when it come to advance smart phones and one that is non-Chinese.
Samsung currently make use of the Android mobile OS to drive its device. All of the company offer be it budget or premium device are drive by Google’s Android OS. However, Samsung wraps a layer of its custom One UI skin which adds the company own set of customization and theme to the device. Privacy has been a major factor for all user be it any brand smart phone. And Samsung like other has been focal with improve user security.
Android Apps on Samsung Smartphones
Android apps can be a great way to enhance your smartphone experience. However, they can also be a security risk. That’s why it’s important to lock them down so only the owner of the app can use it. To do this, first go to the settings of your phone and select security. From here, you’ll see a list of all the apps installed on your phone. Tap on an app and select ‘lock.’ This will prevent anyone other than the owner of the app from using it. If you ever want to unlock an app, simply go to the same security setting and select ‘unlock.’ From here, you’ll have access to a list of all the apps installed on your phone. To lock Android apps on your Samsung smartphone.
It’s important to secure your apps on your Samsung smartphone, as some apps might not be compatible with the Galaxy S3 or later models. To lock apps, open the app and tap on 3 lines in the bottom right corner (three dots). After you lock an app, an orange Lock icon will appear next to the app’s name and it cannot be deleted or opened any other way other than through this process. If you ever need to unlock an app, simply open the app and tap on the orange Lock icon.
check also – Samsung Galaxy A22 5G Price in India 2022
How To Lock Android Apps On Samsung Smartphones?
Android apps can be a handy resource for both adults and children. However, it’s important to protect them from accidental or unauthorized use. One way to do this is to lock Android apps so that they can’t be uninstalled or altered without first entering the PIN code. If you’re a Samsung smartphone user, you may want to lock Android apps so that your children can’t access them. You can use an app called “S Smart Lock” to do this. After setting up the PIN code, you’ll be able to enjoy peace of mind knowing that your apps are safe and secure.
Samsung in-house user interface integrate the app lock option. You don’t generally need to download any third-party apps to put a privacy lock. The S Secure app is what handle all the security aspect in Samsung smart phones. We are guide you with the steps right from download the S secure apps to lock apps individual. Take a look.
Using Secure Folder
Secure Folder is a set that is exclusive to Samsung devices playing One UI 4 and later. It can not only lock apps, but must also hide photo, video, file, and other important document. Here is how it works:
- Create a Secure Folder under the Settings –> Biometric and Security Reasons.
- Enter your Samsung Account details, then click Sign in or create a new account.
- Choose the lock method, pattern, pin or password, base on your convenience and click Next.
- Enter the lock method again, then choose Confirm. You must enable/disable fingerprint unlock too.
- A shortcut to the Secure Folder will be add to your Home and Apps display.
- Open the Secure Folder app.
- Click on ‘Add apps’ and select the app you want to lock.
- This will create two version of the app that you wish to secure. One version will be a regular app, which must be access without a password, while the other will required a password. The latter will be save in a Secure Folder and the data on both the apps will be complete various.
check also – Samsung Galaxy A51 Price In India 2022
Using S Secure app
If you got an old Samsung mobile or wish to use the traditional app lock from Samsung instead of the Secure Folder, which create two copy of every app with separate data, you must try the S Secure app.
- Download the S Secure app from here.
- Now, as soon as you open the app, you can direct lock or mask apps, no sign-in require.
- Click on the Settings app under Lock apps. You will be ask for your lock display password.
- After enter your password, you must set the app lock in Samsung. The lock must be a PIN, pattern, or password.
- Click on lock apps and select ‘Add’ on the top right corner.
- Now, adding the applications that you want to lock.
- That’s it, The selected apps will be lock and cannot be access without a password.
However, the method has a flaw. Anyone with access to the smart phone can uninstall the S Secure app. This will unlock all the locked apps and expose your data to other. Third-party apps such as Norton offer a better solution. The app does not allow anyone to uninstall the app. This how the app works.
also check – Samsung Galaxy A52 5G Price in India 2022
How to remove Samsung app lock
- If you want to uninstall the Secure Folder app:
- Go to Settings> Biometrics and Security> Secure Folder open.
- Click More Settings.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again if ask.
- If you want to remove the S Secure app, simply uninstall this app.
- If you want to remove the Norton App Lock,
- You have to disable the device permission in the App Lock app.
- After then just uninstall the app.
What should I do if I forget my password for the app lock?
- If you have Secure Folder:
- Enter the PIN which you think is correct.
- After 2 or 3 attempts, a ‘Forgot PIN’ option will appear, Click on that
- Now you can reset the PIN use your Samsung account.
- If you have the Norton App Lock, you must reset your PIN by your Google ID.
- If you have the S Secure app, simple uninstall it.
In this blog, we have covered the different methods for locking Android apps on Samsung smartphones. We have also included tips on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Smart Lock, which is a great way to secure your phone and keep your apps locked. If you are looking for a way to lock apps on your Samsung smartphone, make sure to read through this blog and take the appropriate steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I lock Android apps on my Samsung smartphone?
Go to Settings and select Biometrics and Security, then Lock type. Tap on Secure Folder then choose between Pattern, PIN, Password, or biometric options like fingerprint or irs. Create that password.
Is it possible to disable or delete Google Play Services from my Samsung smartphone?
Google Play Services doesn't make your battery drain faster or use too much of your mobile data plan. You can't force stop or uninstall Google Play services.
Is there a way to password protect Android apps?
Go to Biometrics and Security in Settings. Enter the Lock Type when prompted by the Secure Folder. Choose between PIN, Password, Pattern, or a biometric option such as fingerprint or iris, and generate the password. Tap Secure Folder in your app drawer. There are several ways to get apps on your iPhone.
What are some other ways to keep my Samsung smartphone safe?
Avoid using anti-malware apps. Samsung does not recommend third-party anti-malware products. Keep your phone updated with the latest software and operating system. When connecting to an unsecured public Wi-Fi, use Secure Wi-Fi.