How to Close HDFC Credit Card 2023- Cardholders frequently realize that maintaining a credit card is challenging. In addition, there are times when they do not even use a credit card because they have become accustomed to paying with cash or a debit card. In some cases, cardholders also want to switch to a card that better meets their financial needs. Cardholders should cancel or close the card they no longer want to use in such circumstances.
When it comes to canceling or deactivating a credit card, HDFC has a proper procedure in place. A credit card can be cancelled by the bank within seven to ten business days of the cardholder making the request. A few straightforward steps can be followed by a cardholder to cancel an HDFC credit card. The steps you need to take are outlined below. Interest rate for a fixed deposit (FD) with State Bank of Hyderabad is 5.50% per annum. This is the interest rate that bank offers on FDs with a term of up to one year. The interest payment is made semiannually, in the first and second months of each calendar year.
How to Close HDFC Credit Card 2023
Using a credit card is a convenient way to make any kind of purchase, from groceries to your favorite gadget, when you don’t have immediate access to cash. However, closing or canceling the credit card when it is lost or when you are not using it is critical.
You can choose the credit card that best suits your needs from the options offered by banks, which include cashback, rewards, and discounts. Having a credit card, on the other hand, is essential despite its simplicity.
If you’re looking for an HDFC credit card that offers a great rate and flexible payment options, look no further than the HDFC Titanium Card. This card comes with a super-low interest rate and flexible payment plans, making it a great option for anyone who wants to manage their debt without breaking the bank. Plus, you’ll get access to exclusive savings and insurance benefits that other credit cards don’t offer. So why not give it a try? Apply now and see how the HDFC Titanium Credit Card can help you reach your financial goals.
How to Close HDFC Credit Card Overview
|Name Of Article||How to Close HDFC Credit Card 2023|
|Category||How to guides|
|Official Website||Click Also|
How to Cancel or Close an HDFC Credit Card?
If you want to cancel or close an HDFC credit card, there are a few steps that you need to follow. First, you will need to contact the customer service department of HDFC bank. You can do this by calling HDFC’s phone number or contacting them online. It is important to keep in mind that not all HDFC credit cards have dedicated customer service departments. If you cannot reach a live person, please use the online form provided by HDFC bank to contact them.
The following methods are available to HDFC credit card holders who wish to cancel or close their accounts:
- By calling Helpline Number: By calling the toll-free number 61606161/6160616, HDFC Bank credit card holders can cancel their accounts at any time. In order to connect with the customer service in your city, your area code needs to be prefixed to the above number.
- The Credit Card Closure Form can be downloaded and completed by car owners at www.hdfcbank.com. They can mail it to the Manager, HDFC Bank Credit Cards, PO Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai-600041 after filling it out. They can also write to the corporate office manager at the same address. Cardholders are required to provide crucial information, such as their name, address, and contact information. However, they should not reveal private information like the card’s PIN or CVV number.
- The cardholder should cut the relevant credit card diagonally once the cancellation process has begun. They should also be aware that the additional credit cards they have obtained will automatically expire if they cancel or close the primary credit card.
Check Also:- How to Program a GM Car Remote Using a Key Fob 2023
Things to Remember Before Cancelling or Closing an HDFC Credit Card
While it is perfectly acceptable for a cardholder to initiate the process of deactivating or canceling their HDFC credit card at any time, there are a few things they should verify prior to proceeding with the procedure. Before beginning the process of canceling their HDFC credit card, the cardholder must complete the following checklist:
- Payment of Dues: Cardholders must ensure that all outstanding balances or EMIs on their credit card have been paid before canceling it. The bank will notify them by phone or email to their registered phone number or email address, respectively, if they begin the cancellation process without paying the outstanding balance or settling the EMIs.
- Redemption of Reward Points: Cardholders are urged to check the number of reward points they have not used up before making a cancellation request. They can purchase appealing products from the bank’s rewards catalog with these points. They can also save a lot of money on other goods and services by using these points.
- Should not use the credit card just before cancellation: The bank will not proceed with the cancellation process if the cardholder makes use of the card just before closing it. The process is ended when there are new dues on credit cards that are scheduled to be cancelled. Once the new dues have been paid off, the bank will move forward with the process.
- Check latest statement for fraudulent use: Cardholders should carefully examine their most recent credit card statement to ensure that no fraudulent transactions have occurred on their card before canceling it. After the card has been terminated by the bank in response to their request, they are also required to destroy it by cutting it diagonally.
Also Check- How to Replace Your Car Door Key
Does a Cancelled or Closed Credit Card Affect the Cardholder’s Cibil Score?
A cardholder’s CIBIL score will only be affected by a close or cancelled credit card if they use all of their cards. A decrease in their credit limit and an increase in their credit utilization ratio would result from canceling a credit card in this situation. As a result, it may have a negative effect on the CIBIL score of the cardholder. However, canceling a credit card might not be a good idea if the cardholder has no other options for building a CIBIL score because credit cards can be use to start from scratch.
The good news is that you can help improve your Cibil score by paying your bills on time and in full and maintaining good credit utilization (the percentage of available credit used). Additionally, having a low balance on your card can also help improve your score because it signals that you are using your available credit wisely and paying off your debts each month. If you have questions about how canceling or closing a credit card might affect your Cibil score, feel free to reach out to us at any time!
Check Also:- Update Aadhaar card Mobile Number
How to Reactivate a Closed or Cancelled HDFC Credit Card?
The application for reactivating a closed credit card account can be download from the website, www.hdfcbank.com, by applicants. They can send it to HDFC Bank Cards Division, PO Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai-600041 after filling it out. The bank will reactivate the cancelled card after verifying and completing all required documentation.
It is possible to reactivate a closed or cancelled HDFC credit card. If you have had your card cancelled, it’s important to contact the bank immediately and make arrangements to have your funds transferred to another card. In some cases, you may be able to reactivate your card and have the funds transferred directly from the bank. It is also important to monitor your credit report and payment history, as this can help determine whether you are eligible for a new card or whether you should apply for a credit limit increase. If you would like more information on how to reactivate a HDFC credit card, please visit our website