FASTag: The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has announced that from December 1, 2019, toll payments will be made only through FASTags under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) programme.
To make the most of these benefits offered by FASTag, it is important that you apply for it and get one for yourself. Let’s take a look at the process that you need to go through in order to apply for FASTag.
- 1 FASTag
- 2 Why is FASTag important in India?
- 3 Benefits of Fastag
- 4 FASTag Joining Fee and Charges
- 5 How to Apply for FASTag Online/Offline?
- 6 Documents Required for FASTag Application
- 7 How to recharge your FASTag account?
- 8 How to Check Your FASTag Balance?
- 9 FAQs on FASTag
FASTag is a system that helps make toll payments online. It does this by using RFID technology. FASTag is a device that uses RFID technology to make toll payments from prepaid cards and bank accounts. One Radio Frequency Identification strip will be allotted to each Fastag account . this will affixed front face of your vehicle in a way that it will be easily accessible to the sensor while vehicle is passing through toll gate . Once vehicle comes in the fastag enabled lane of Toll gate RFID will be scanned by the system and money will be deducted from Fastag account and your way will be cleared and vehicle will be allowed to pass through the lane.
You can purchase a Fastag strip from many issuing partners. When you apply for Fastag, agents will give you a strip and link your bank account to load the amount of money required onto it.
Why is FASTag important in India?
By implementing FASTag, the magnitude of digital transactions will be increased in India, which will reduce the need for people to handle large amounts of paper money. Decreasing waiting times and making it easier to pay for goods and services will also help reduce air pollution levels.
FASTag is a system that helps governments keep track of things on roads, and it is mandatory for toll payments in India from 15 December 2019 onwards. If there is a FASTag on your vehicle but it’s not active, you will have to pay double the toll amount when getting into the “FAST” lane.
Check: LPG Cylinder Price Today
Benefits of Fastag
There are many benefits using Fastag . Some of the benefits are explained below
Travel hassle-free on highways
- By using FASTag, drivers can avoid having to stop at toll booths or getting out of their car and looking for change, which saves time and money.
SMS alert of transactions
- Get Sms alerts for all the latest FASTag transactions so that you don’t miss anything important.
Access to historical transactions
- To view your transaction history and detailed statements, you can log in to the FASTag customer portal.
Save fuel and time
- FASTag is a toll-collection system that allows drivers to pay for their tolls without stopping at the toll plaza.FASTag saves both fuel and time because it eliminates the need to stop at the toll plaza.
- You can recharge your FASTag account on the go through UPI, Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking or Mobile Banking.
- FASTag saves you time by taking care of all the money-related tasks for you. All payments will be deducted from your account, which makes things easier!
Also Read: Diesel Price Today
FASTag Joining Fee and Charges
The one-time tag deposit amount for FASTag according to Vehicle wise has been listed below:
|Vehicle Class||Description||Threshold Amount||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit|
|4||Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||Rs.100||Violet||Rs.200|
|5||Minibus/light commercial vehicle||Rs.140||Orange||Rs.300|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Rs.300||Yellow||Rs.400|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Rs.300||Yellow||Rs.500|
|7||Truck 2 Axle/Bus 2 Axle||Rs.300||Green||Rs.400|
|12||Truck 4,5,6 Axle/Tractor/Tractor with trailer||Rs.300||Pink||Rs.500|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Rs.300||Blue||Rs.500|
|16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||Rs.300||Black||Rs.500|
How to Apply for FASTag Online/Offline?
Fastags are available at various places such as common service centres, petrol pumps, bank branches, among others, users can apply . You can apply for FASTag using the following ways.
Check: Petrol Price Today
Apply Through Digital Payment Apps
- You can Apply for your FASTag at any digital payment application such as Phonepe, Paytm Payments Bank, Airtel app, Google Pay (GPay), Amazon, Icici Mobile Banking, bob App, Bharatpe etc.
- Then Upload the required documents on the portal, as requested
- Now Make the payment for your FASTag
- Your FASTag will be delivered to your registered address in a few days.
Apply Fastag Book Through Banks
- Visit the official website of the banks like SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of baroda, IDFC First, Yes Bank, HDFC Bank who are authorisied to sell FASTags
Then Search and click on the ‘Get FASTag’ / ‘Apply for FASTag’ link shown on the homepage of the website
Now Enter your mobile number. An OTP will be sent on the mobile number entered by you. Enter the OTP and click on submit
Then enter your personal details (name, email id, address etc, vehicle details (type of vehicle, registration number etc.. upload documents (like scanned copy of vehicle RC.
Now Review all the details filled in the application form before final submission
Then submit application form online, you will be redirected to online payment gateway for fee submission
Save the copy of FASTag receipt and payment receipt. You can also take a print out of the same for future reference.
Fastag Book Through Toll Booth (Offline)
- Visit any of the POS (Point of Sale) terminals located at various toll plazas Like National highways Tolls.
- Remember to carry all the required documents and their original copies when you visit a POS for verification of your FASTag application
- The issuing agency will then verify all your documents closely before accepting your application
- After the registration of your vehicle for FASTag, a representative from the concerned issuing agency will fix the FASTag on your vehicle’s windshield.
What are the charges for FASTag?
FASTag has a onetime Fee of Rs. 200, Reissuance fee of Rs 100 and Refundable security deposit of Rs 200. (Note: The Security Deposit may vary depending on vehicle type.)
Documents Required for FASTag Application
To apply for FASTag, you only need to submit your vehicle’s RC (Registration Certificate) and nothing else if you are KYC verified on Phonepe, Amazon, Paytm or other mobile banking applications. However, if you are not KYC verified, and applying for FASTag for the first time, you need to submit the following documents-
- Registration Certificate (RC)
- KYC documents of your vehicle
- PAN Card
- Identity and Address Proof (any one of the following)
- Driver’s License
- Valid Passport (photo of its front page and the address page)
- Voter’s ID Card
- Aadhaar Card (including the address)
Corporates applying for FASTag must submit the following documents-
- Public Limited/Private Limited/Sole proprietorship
- Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership deed/Registration Certificate of the firm/ Proprietor’s PAN Car
- PAN Card of the corporate address proof of the proprietor (mandatory)
- Photo ID of the signing authority under the Shop Act or any other proof of the firm
- List of directors of the firm with names and addresses of the partners.
How to recharge your FASTag account?
FASTags will be mandatory for all four-wheelers in India from January 1, 2021. You can recharge Your Fastag account online through credit card, debit card, NEFT, RTGS or Net Banking as well. It is also available on online platforms such as Amazon, Paytm and Snapdeal.
From banking apps, to digital payment platforms, there are several options for one to recharge their FASTag online.
How to Recharge FASTag via bank
Around 23 banks allow you to apply for and recharge FASTag. Your bank’s website will have a FASTag icon allowing you to apply and recharge. The option is also available on all banking apps such as your HDFC PayZapp app, SBI YONO app, etc.
You can also link your bank account to your FASTag account. This will allow you to use the stored value on your FASTag card to recharge it. All banks have their own process for recharging accounts online, but it is always recommended to check with your bank’s website for more information on how to do so.
However, it is important to note that all banks charge a convenience fee for recharging online.
How to Recharge Fastag on Google Pay?
If you’re looking to recharge your Fastag account on Google Pay, you can do so by following these simple steps:
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone and sign in.
- Then Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select “Recharge.”
- Now Enter your Fastag account number and select the currency you would like to recharge in (EUR, USD, or GBP).
- Then Enter your amount and tap “Recharge.”
- You’ll be given the option to confirm your payment. Once you’ve confirmed your payment, your Fastag account will be recharged!
How do I recharge my FASTag on PhonePe?
- Tap FASTag Recharge in the Recharge and Pay Bills section on your PhonePe app.
- Select your FASTag bank from the list.
- Enter your vehicle registration number or other details as mentioned on the screen.
- Enter the recharge amount and tap Pay to complete the payment
Check Also: How to Delete PhonePe Transaction History?
How to Make Paytm Payments Bank FASTag Recharge on Paytm?
- Go to FASTag recharge page on Paytm.
- Select your FASTag issuing bank.
- Enter your Vehicle Number/Vehicle Registration Number.
- Click on Proceed.
- Enter the recharge amount and proceed with the payment.
How to Recharge your Fastag using MyFASTag app?
There is also a FASTag app available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store that all vehicle owners can download, enter their login details to check their balance.
- Login on the MyFAStag app.
- Select the bank specific FAStag.
- Recharge via UPI.
- Then Select the Bank name.
- Enter the Vehicle Number.
- Validate the VPA and proceed with the payment on UPI.
How to Check Your FASTag Balance?
some steps that may be included in the check are checking your FASTag balance, verifying your driving record, contacting customer service if you have any questions or concerns about using your FASTag or registering a new one.. To check your FASTag balance, you need to know your vehicle number. You can find this on the windshield near the driver’s side front wheel.
How to check Fastag balance via Missed Call?
The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has introduced the ‘Missed Call Alert Facility’ for users to check their FASTag balance.
Those who have registered their mobile number with NHAI Prepaid Wallet can know the balance by giving a missed call at +91-8884333331.
Here is how to check account balance with NHAI wallet?
- Open ‘Play Store’ or ‘App Store’ on your phone.
- Download the ‘’ My FASTag App’’ on your mobile device. This is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- Enter your login details.
- You can now view your balance amount.
How to Check Fastag Balance check Update via SMS?
By opening a FASTag account and linking your mobile number, you will receive updates each time money is taken from your account. This includes information about how much money is in your account, toll payments, and recharge confirmations.
Here is the list of the Issuer Agencies, along with their Customer Care numbers for FASTag related queries:
|Issuer Agency||Customer Care Number|
|Axis Bank||1800 103 5577|
|SBI||1800 110 018|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
|Syndicate Bank||1800 -425-0585|
|IDFC Bank||1800 266 9970|
|Punjab National Bank||08067295310|
|Yes Bank||1800 1200|
|IndusInd Bank||1860 500 5004|
|Equitas Small Finance Bank||1800 419 1996|
|Paytm Payments Bank||1800 102 6480|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800 419 6606|
|Federal Bank||1800 266 9520|
|Punjab & Maharashtra Co-op Bank||1800 223 993|
|Union Bank of India||1800 222 244 / 080 61817110|
|Fino Payments Bank||1860 266 3466|
|Bank of Baroda||1800 1034568|
|Saraswat Bank||1800 266 9545|
|City Union Bank||1800 258 7200|
|Nagpur Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd||1800 266 7183|
|South Indian Bank||1800 425 1809|
What if I have recharged the FASTag but Money is not credited in my FASTag Account?
Although all FASTag recharges are instant, sometimes it may take longer to reflect the balance. It is advised to wait for 72 hours. Alternatively, customer can call on his bank call center and raise the request for reversal.
FAQs on FASTag
What is the minimum recharge value for FASTag?
You need make a minimum recharge of Rs.100 for FASTag.
Do I need to apply for multiple FASTags for two vehicles?
Yes, since you can use only one FASTag for one vehicle, you will need multiple FASTags for different vehicles.
How to get FASTag offline?
Vehicle owners can visit any of the Point of Sale (POS. locations at Toll Plazas / Bank branches to collect FASTag offline.