Driving License Rules – All the information regarding changes in driving license rules will be made available to you very clearly in our article. So that you can easily apply for it. Along with this, you will also be provided with information about the new commercial and personal license rules in our article. So read our article carefully till the end. Also, bookmark our website to be the first to get the latest updates. All the new rules will be implemented by the central government and state transport authority from July 1. These rules are valid for a total of 5 years, after which new rules will be made again. If you want to get a driving license for your four-wheeler or two-wheeler then now you will not have to wait much. Earlier you had to go to the Regional Transport Officer (RTO) to get a driving license and had to wait a long time.
Driving License Rules
According to the new rules, now this process has been made very easy. The driving test is no longer required as per the new rules. These rules have been framed by the Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways. According to the new rules, if you have passed your state-recognized dribbling training center, then you will not have to take the driving test at the RTO while applying. Separate rules have also been made for personal and commercial driving licenses. Recent changes prioritize digital surveillance processes to improve traffic law enforcement. Indian roads are poised to become safer with the help of IT and electronic monitoring. Additionally, vehicle owners are required to carry license, registration and vehicle insurance papers at all times during the drive. Failure to comply with these rules can result in heavy fines and even cancellation of one’s driving license.
Another important change in the rules is to legalize the use of mobile phones for navigation while driving. Most drivers today rely on their phone’s Maps application for real-time GPS location tracking. Apart from ease of monitoring and regulation of traffic, the new rules also promote significant convenience on the part of vehicle owners. In many cases, it is difficult to physically carry important documents. However, using your phone for any other purpose while driving is a punishable offense. Another important factor to keep in mind is that although this digitization process is well underway, drivers can use existing permits, licenses, fitness and registration in paper form till December 31, 2020. Police officers and traffic officers will treat such physical paperwork as valid until it is validated.
New Driving Rules for Commercial and Personal Licenses
|License Class||Type of Vehicle|
|HGMV||Heavy Goods Motor Vehicles|
|HMV||Heavy Motor Vehicles|
|MGV||Medium goods vehicle|
|HTV / HPMV||Heavy passenger motor vehicle / Heavy transport vehicle|
|Trailer||Heavy Trailor License|
|LMV||LMV – Motorcars, Delivery Vans, Jeeps, and Taxis|
|MC EX50CC||LMVs with gear and capacity of 50CC or more. E.g., Car, motorcycle|
|MC 50CC||Motorcycles with 50 cc or less engine capacity|
|M/CYCL.WG||All motorcycles with and without gear|
|MCWOG / FVG||Motorcycles with any engine capacity, however, without any gears. E.g., mopeds & scooters|
|LMV-NT||Light motor vehicles (LMVs) for non-transport purposes|
Also Check Driving Licence
Documents Required for Apply Driving License Online
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Magazine
- Birth Certificate
- Pan Card
- 4 No. Application Form
- Passport Size Photo
- Form 1 and 1A will be used for medical certificates etc.
- Driving License Rules
Also Check Covid Vaccine Registration
New Rules Implement for DL
- If you are going for two wheeler or four wheeler training center then you should have one acre land.
- Heavy Vehicle Training Center should have 2 acres of land.
- Trainer must have high school diploma and 5 years driving experience.
- The trainer must have passed the High-Quality Driving Track Test in the Transport Authority Curriculum.
- The training time for the loaded vehicle should be 38 hours and the training should be completed in 6 weeks.
- Theory class should be of 8 hours and practical class should be of 31 hours to fill there.
- Training time for small vehicles should be 29 hours and training should be completed in 4 weeks.
- The theory time in this training should be 8 hours and the practical should be of 21 hours.
- The center should have biometric systems and information technology.
- You must have a test track and stimulators.
Also Check LPG Gas Connection Price List
Steps to Apply Online for a DL
- First of all you have to go to the website of ‘Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’.
- After this, the home page of the website will open.
- In which you have to suck your state where you live.
- Also, you have to select the type of driving license.
- After that, the application form will open in front of you.
- Fill all the details correctly and upload the documents.
- Don’t forget to click on submit after filling.
- Your driving license will be delivered to your home.
Official Website parivahan.gov.in